Community Networking [responsible the Spire Project] just arranged for the BankWest Review of our economy to be published and we are proud. Finally, you and I have some good information about our economy!
1) The BankWest Review of the Western Australian Economy
2) The Premier's Budget Speech, May 1996 - by the Treasury Department
3) Profile of Western Australia's Economy - by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Western Australia (Inc.)
4) Where Western Australia's economy is heading - prepared by the (Department of) Commerce and Trade.
6) About Western Australia Key Information for 1995/96 by Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Western Australia (Inc.)
7) Bankwest analysis - 1996-97 Federal Budget Preliminary Analysis - 20 August 1996
8) BankWest BUDGET '96 A Special Report (Released 20 August 1996)
9) Regional Futures - Challenges and Opportunties for Western Australia's Regions.
10) Resource Map Project - by the Department of Resources Development as a PDF file
11) Minerals in WA : Bedrock of the Economy '96 - by the The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia. More related documents there too. 11) Why invest in Western Australia - thanks to Commerce and Trade
12) Western Australia - A Statistical Snapshot of the Regions
13) Western Australia A City - Country Comparison - thanks to Regional Development Council.
14) The Treasury Department has more on Financial Management of our Economy
15) Western Australia At A Glance (found under Australia at a glance) - thanks to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Twenty tables covering statistics of WA. Also publishes Key National Indicators, (social and economic) two and a half page table of current stats, and Australia at a glance, 20 short pages on Australia and Labour Stats.
16) Trade Growth Strategy - by Commerce and Trade.
Two documents have been a little too slow in being released electronically. Perhaps your email message will break the red tape and liberate this quality information.
1) The Small Business FactSheet:
Send the above to Small Business Development Corporation today.
2) The Western Australian Department of Training publishes a monthly analysis of Employment in Western Australia. At eight pages, dense with graphs, compiled by a team of researchers at our Department of Training, this is another brilliant document. Its posted to interested parties, but not yet published on the Internet. Please release it quickly.
If you are interested in searching for information yourself, try these sites: